Monday, October 25, 2010

Update

Hello everyone!

Has been a long time since my last post. So what happened in the last couple of weeks?

First I can tell you, that I moved from Dokki to Heliopolis into a nice cheap flat. I lived alone for 2 weeks, but then I found an American room mate. So I just pay 150€ a month, including water, electricity, gas and Internet. When I go to work I just walk 20 minutes to the metro station, take a ride to the next stop and walk 5 minutes.
And now that I live close to my friends it is much easier to meet and go out. It does not take me an hour or more to meet them.

Three weeks ago I started my internship as an HR Coordinator at the Better World Foundation. I like my work and I learn much about the administration of an NGO and how to deal with HR questions. The working atmosphere is very good. I recommend to anyone who reads this Blog and will stay in Cairo for longer, should apply for volunteer work at the Better World Foundation. When you do your work, you feel that you are doing something good, what can make the world better.

Two weeks ago 2 of our Erasmus friends from Ireland and Spain came to visit my Egyptian friends and me. It was a very good time we had together. Unfortunately I had to work during that period on some days. But when work allowed it, I spent time with my friends.
The first thing we visited together were the great Pyramids, and they are really great. I have been at the Pyramids a few weeks before, but only at night at a concert. What shall I say about the Pyramids? They a very beautiful, impressing and big. I was so impressed that I can give the highest respect to the people who built them thousands of years ago.
During the days we were in Cairo, we were invited to the home of three of my Egyptian friends. The food is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! And the guest-friendliness is the best in the world!!! You can not imagine how nice it was.
Of course I did not go to every place with my friends, cause I had to work.
We also went on a Nile cruse, which was very nice and very funny. I had a lot of fun, and I danced the Arabic style.
The last 4 days of the visit of our friends we went to Sharm El Sheikh. A very nice place to rest from the crowded Cairo (Although I love Cairo!!) In Sharm you will meet only tourists, what makes this place totally different from Cairo. So what did we do? We chilled at the beach, ride a banana boat, ride on quads through the dessert and went snorkelling. If you ever go to Sharm El Sheikh you have to do a dessert tour and go snorkelling!!!

So thats it for the moment.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment